Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Salt House - Maida Vale, London







I used to go to the Salt House quite regularly when I lived in the area. I always liked the comfy couches and more importantly the food. During the day there was always a pretty relaxed atmosphere and in the evening a nice buzz in the air.

There are several menus to choose from, bar, lunch, dinner, cocktail etc... The last time I went I had the sharing platter off the bar menu (£6.95) comprising of Italian breads, Hummus and Olives. It was more than enough for two, not to mention well presented.

I've eaten dinner both in the restaurant and the pub area. Same high quality standard in both. Gosh I have great memories of the braised Lamb Shanks with Mash (£14.50). The meat was meltingly tender and the mash was really creamy, oooh and that gravy... Yum. Another time I went for the Fish and Chips (£11.50). The fish batter was crispy, the hand cut chips were fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside and the tartare sauce was tangy but subtly so. I could't really fault it.

I haven't been since they hired new chef Aaron Craze. Aaron has a pretty impressive CV having worked at the Ivy and Fifteen with Jamie Oliver. He's also published a cookery book so I can only assume that the standard has gotten even better, especially as they boast that 'all produce is sourced carefully from the best suppliers London has to offer.' The menu is also seasonal so ever changing. I just hope the prices don't go up since they hired this semi-famous chef.

And once you've finished your undoubtably delicious meal you can stroll down the street to the famous Abbey Road studios where the Beatles famously recorded.

The Salt House
8/10
63 Abbey Road
London, NW8 0AE
0207 328 6626
www.thesalthouse.co.uk


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment