Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Queens Pub - Primrose Hill, London




The Queens is yet another gastropub but frankly they do serve good food. I've only ever eaten in the pub but you can also go upstairs for a more formal setting.

The food is pretty varied with things like Sea bass with Lemon Butter Sauce (£16), Venison Pie (£14) and so on. It's relatively English in nature but you get the odd anomaly like Cajun Chicken Burger (£8.50).

I know that if I'm going to the Queens to eat I'm in for a good meal. The menu is seasonal and all ingredients are fresh. There's no doubt about that. You can also order small plates if you're not too hungry, medium if you are, or large if you're feeling greedy.

It's a little fancy (I remember sitting opposite Jude Law, Sadie Frost and Kate Moss while eating my Ham Hock Terrine starter a few years back). That's what you get when going to a pub in the middle of Primrose Hill.

The decor is pretty understated but warm and welcoming nonetheless. It was very much my local haunt when I was younger. I liked the fact it was located right next to Primrose Hill Park, a stones throw away from London Zoo and a short walk away from Camden. We often headed over to the pub after a long lazy Sunday afternoon in the park. I have fond memories of those rare London summer days. A park, some sun and a good meal is definitely a recipe for a good day..

The Queens Pub
49 Regents Park
Primrose Hill
London, NW1 8XD
0207 586 0408
www.thequeensprimrosehill.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment