Sunday, March 24, 2013

Currywurst Express - Berlin





When visiting a new country I always seek out the local food. I think doing that helps you understand the country a bit better.

I wish I hadn't done this when going to Berlin.

We were in Alexanderplatz and stumbled upon Currywurst Express, a German fast food place (I never eat fast food but was willing to make an exception). Here they serve all sorts of variations on sausages. You can have a Bratwurst meal that comes with a drink and chips/coleslaw. That's just one of many things on offer (all meals roughly under €5). I decided to go for the Currywurst with bread.

My gosh. Who in their right mind decided that cutting up a sausage, then ladling tomato sauce on it and finishing it with curry powder was a good idea? What a disgusting combination. Of course I knew I wouldn't like it before I tried it but I had to give it go considering I was there.

I hope, hope, hope that I stumbled on some back luck and that perhaps there are some places in Berlin that serves really good Currywurst. I somehow doubt it though.

Currywurst Express
2/10
All around Berlin but the one we went to:
Bahnhof Berlin Alexanderplatz
(S-Bahnhof EG) Zur
Dircksenstrabe, 10178 Berlin
030 24720552


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment