Saturday, March 16, 2013

New Thriving - Georgetown, Guyana



Although it's highly unlikely you'd find yourself in Guyana any time soon I thought I'd offer up some advice of where to eat if you did. Guyana is a very acquired place but the food is diverse. Don't think you'd only get curry and roti if you went.

After eating too much West Indian food (Pepperpot, Cookup Rice etc...) I was craving something a little different. I came across New Thriving. We got a takeaway and were happy with the outcome. The decor was a little try hard mind you. I know i'm in a Chinese restaurant, I don't need dragons and lanterns to tell me so. 

The food was just as you'd expect: a very Chinese meal mixed with a Guyanese twist. Case in point, the Special Fried Rice had Scotch Bonnets in it. Aside from that minor fact their food is pretty authentic, offering things like Wonton Soup in Chicken Broth, Fried Dumplings, Chicken or Shrimp in Black Bean Sauce etc... It's all very reasonably priced too.

All in all it was good and a nice break from Guyanese food. Moreover the people that live there seem to hold it in high regard so who am I to argue.

New Thriving
6/10
32 Main Street
South Cummingsburg
Georgetown, Guyana
592-225-0159


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment