Saturday, March 16, 2013

Leon - In and around London






I first went to Leon when I worked in London's throbbing heart. If you've ever gone to Soho, Carnaby Street etc... for lunch on a weekday you'll know that it's a bustling area that caters to those that need food on the go.

I favoured two places when I had to pop out for lunch and Leon was one of them. I can't remember why I first went in. It was either the promise of healthy fast food or the funky and colourful font they used on their sign. Either way it enticed me.

The Leon ethos is that they serve affordable fast food that is both healthy and delicious. I agree to a certain extent. Some things did look a little fatty but with that said they do include the fat, wheat, gluten, glycemic load and dairy content on every dish, cake, salad etc... that you order.

The first time I went I had Meatballs with Rice and Slaw (£6.30). It was really acceptable (made better by the chilli sauce I had on the side). The second time I went I was at a loss as to what to have as the menu had grown exponentially. Should I have the Falafel and Tangy Carrot, or maybe the Chilli Chicken, and should I have it in a wrap, with Rice and Slaw or a Green Salad? I opted for the Chilli Chicken in a wrap (£4.60). It was decent, but how can you go wrong with a warm wrap filled with grilled chicken and salad?

Since that time I've learnt that Leon has expanded with great success. They even have a branch in Heathrow Airport and I'm sure they'll be venturing out of the UK shortly. Good on them I say, well done Allegra, I always liked you. Their food is a far cry from KFC or that other one that entices you to walk through their golden arches and walk out 10 pounds heavier.

The next time I fancy breakfast out I think I'll try the Bacon Muffin, or maybe the Poached Egg with Chorizo and Truffle Gruyere (both under £3). Yeah, I think I'll do that.

Leon
7/10
In and around London
www.leonrestaurants.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment