Saturday, January 25, 2014

Byron - King's Road and in and around UK





One of my husband’s pet peeves is when you order a burger and have to order the fries separately. Whenever we go to a place that does this our dinner spirals downwards pretty rapidly. ‘I just don’t get it’ he cries ‘when the fuck did you have to start ordering your fries separately?’ he shudders. I agree with him of course, and now try to avoid restaurants that feel it’s adequate to serve you a lonely burger on a plate with nothing to accompany it. 

And so there I sat at Byron Burger with a pissed off husband with no chips. I had the Chilli Burger consisting of Green Chilli, Cheese and Chipotle Mayo (£8.95) and Eddy had the Byron consisting of Bacon, Cheese, Red Onions and Byron Sauce (£9.25).  They are generally cooked medium but I asked for well done, Eddy stayed pink. The burger was fine, filling, and utterly forgettable.The green chilli was none existent though and that annoyed me because it was the only reason I ordered that particular burger. The chipotle was undetectable to boot.

I ordered some fries to appease dear Eddy along with some Macaroni Cheese (£2.95 and £3.75 respectively). Both were average.

There are 31 Byrons in London and a few dotted around the rest of the UK. I won’t be visiting any of them.

Byron Burger
4/10
In and around London

www.byronhamburgers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment