Monday, January 20, 2014

Bull's Head - Royal Parade, Chistlehurst





Dad,

If you're looking for a dog friendly place to have a pint when you're next in Chistlehurst then try the Bull's Head. I wouldn’t rant and rave about the food, but it’s passable.

I liked my Venison Sausages although the Rosemary and Garlic Mash just tasted like potato and the Red Wine Jus wasn’t really very strong or plentiful (not bad for £10 though). I think Eddy was ok with his Fish and Chips (£11.95) but he did say that the one he had the other day at a pub near work was better. He mentioned that the Fish batter wasn’t really very crispy, which was a shame.

The funniest part though was watching Gaby’s face as she chewed and chewed, and sawed away at her Veal Chop. I felt bad for her because she loves veal and wild mushrooms and she was expecting greatness for £14.95 but was pretty disappointed.

It’s a nice place with a hotel above it. I walked past the kitchen and it looked clean, as were the toilets so if that’s anything to go by then I’d imagine the rooms are nice.

It felt like it was trying to be a little fancy for fancy’s sake, or perhaps it was simply a little confused. That’s to say as it’s so close to London it felt like it was still deciding if it wanted to be a gastropub or a country pub. It’s trying to be both at present.

I’d only go back to accommodate Chili because it’s nice having her at our feet all calm and content as we eat. I hate the idea of her being in the car while we’re eating. But that’s pretty much the only reason I’d go back.

Bull’s Head
6/10
Royal Parade
Chistlehurst, BR7 6NR
Tel: 0208 467 1727

www.bullsheadhotel.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment